Some things you need to know about Year 3:
- The Year 3 classroom doors open at 8:50am and close at 9.00am. Please be on time!
- School finishes at 3.15pm. Please pick up your child from the classroom door.
- PE is on Thursdays when children need to come to school in their PE kit, sweatshirt and school shoes. Remember to bring pumps in a bag to change into. Leggings and tracksuit bottoms can be worn instead of shorts.
- Homework (Maths and Spellings) are sent home on Friday to be returned by the following Friday.
- Spelling tests are on Fridays.
- Children are expected to read at home every day, and reading books are changed regularly.
A few requests:
- Please ensure that your child goes to the toilet before leaving home. Going to the toilet during lessons disrupts learning.
- Please arrive on time - learning starts with Maths catch-up practice at 8.50am. Regularly arriving late harms your child's learning.
- Please label all clothing - it's very difficult to locate your child's jumper when we have 30 in lost property with no names on!
We're usually on the door for a quick word, or you can get in touch via the school office if you have any questions or concerns.
Mr Morris and Mrs Say
What are we learning?
Here's what we're learning this term:
Spelling sheets are given out on Fridays. The spelling test will take place on the following Friday.
Spellings for this week are:
Should remote learning be required, it will take place on Google Classroom.
- Please log in at classroom.google.com
- Login details and passwords are in the front of your child's reading record.
- The username is in this format: 18(firstname)(initial of surname)@stacksteads.lancs.sch.uk
- For example if your child is named John Smith, the username is email@example.com
Times Table Rock Stars Login:
https://play.ttrockstars.com/ School name: Bacup Holy Trinity
https://www.sumdog.com/user/sign_in School code: holy-trinity
Bug Club Login:
www.activelearnprimary.co.uk School code: bacu
Login details for TTRS, Sumdog and Bug Club are in your Reading Record.
Please see the document below for a glossary of terms for grammar. Please scroll through to find the Year 3 terms!
Online times tables competition (Your child has a login and password in their Reading Record)
Reading resources including ebooks
www.activelearnprimary.co.uk (Bug Club). Your child has a login and password in their Reading Record. The School code is: bacu
IDL (children who use IDL have a login and password)
BBC Bitesize daily lessons
The National Academy - fun and educational activities for each day of half-term
David Walliams reading one of his stories. New one everyday at 11am
Support across all areas of the curriculum
Maths resources and games
Hit the button - a range of games to practise mathematical skills https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
BBC Bitesize has revision and learning activities for all areas of the curriculum https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
Kids Classroom Secrets - Free home learning website for children to use independently https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/
BBC School Radio Learning Resources: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p007g5y4
Classroom Secrets Free Home learning Packs for each age group https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
Oxford Owl - choose the Oxford Owl from home link to access free e-books for 3 - 11 year olds https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Pobble 365 - changes daily to provide a picture that promotes discussion and story writing inspiration http://www.pobble365.com/
The Literacy Shed - provides videos which can be a stimulus for writing https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
IOP (Institute of Physics) - a range of science experiments which can be carried out at home https://spark.iop.org/collections/marvin-and-milo
Reach out Reporter - a range of interesting scientific news articles for children to read https://www.reachoutreporter.com/
National Geographic Kids - an interesting website for children to explore