Welcome to Class 3M's webpage.
Some things you need to know about our class:
- For the Year 3 bubble, school starts at 8.55am and children are welcomed directly into the Year 3 classrooms one-by-one by a member of staff. Please queue in the playground where indicated, socially-distanced from other parents and children. Please be on time and patient as there may be a short delay as we try to be as safe as possible.
- School finishes for us at 3.15pm. Please pick up your child from the classroom door, waiting socially-distanced as indicated on the playground.
- Remember the one-way system - enter the school premises via the front path and leave through the car park.
- PE is on Thursdays. So on Thursdays children will need to come to school in their PE kit, sweatshirt and school shoes. Remember to bring pumps in a bag to change into. Leggings and tracksuit bottoms can be worn instead of shorts.
- Homework (Maths and Spellings) will be sent home on Friday to be returned by the following Friday.
- Spelling tests will be on Fridays.
- Children are expected to read at home every day if possible, and reading books will be changed on Mondays and Thursdays.
A few requests:
- Please ensure that your child goes to the toilet before leaving home. Because of the strict COVID-19 cleaning and movement regimes, each bubble has fixed toilet times. Children needing to go outside these times disrupt everyone's learning as staff have to escort them through school and clean the toilets after them.
- Please arrive on time - learning starts with Maths catch-up practice at 8.55. Regularly arriving late will harm your child's learning.
- Please label all clothing - it's very difficult to locate your child's jumper when we have 30 in lost property with no names on!
I'm on the door most mornings and afternoons or you can get in touch via the school office if you have any questions and concerns.
What are we learning?
Here's what we're learning this term:
- Please log in at classroom.google.com
- Login details and passwords are in the front of your child's reading record.
- The username will be in this format: 17(firstname)(initial of surname)@stacksteads.lancs.sch.uk
- For example if your child is named John Smith, the username will be firstname.lastname@example.org
- The children have all logged into their account in school, so should hopefully be able to do it at home.
Word families based on root words 'press' and 'vent'
press, suppress, express, compress, impress, prevent, invent, venture, adventure, eventful
Play in a Day - The Iron Man
What a fantastic day we had! Children in Year 3 were amazing - they learnt and performed a whole play from start to finish in just a day. After trying out some drama workshop games, they all had a part to perform in our version of 'The Iron Man' based on a book of the same name by Ted Hughes. At the end of the day, the children performed the play to the whole school via Zoom.
Thank you for Lisa at Lynx Theatre for bringing out the actors in all of our pupils. It was brilliant seeing their confidence grow throughout the day. Well done children. Enjoy some photos of our play in the gallery below.
Daily 21 Minute Challenge
Instead of the daily mile, take on the 21 Minute Challenge. It features a list of activities that you can choose from and a route of a local family walk. The first week sets off from Haslingden. There's a helpful log that you can record our activities on. Please see the letter from Rossendale Leisure Trust below, along with the log sheet and activities sheet. The activity sheet will be updated each week with new ideas and a different walk. I hope that you enjoy these. Let me know how you get on.
Times Table Rock Stars Login:
https://play.ttrockstars.com/ School name: Bacup Holy Trinity
Bug Club Login:
www.activelearnprimary.co.uk School code: bacu
Login details for TTRS and Bug Club are in your Reading Record.
Please see the document below for a glossary of terms for grammar. Please scroll through to find the Year 3 terms!
Online times tables competition (Your child has a login and password in their Reading Record)
Reading resources including ebooks
www.activelearnprimary.co.uk (Bug Club). Your child has a login and password in their Reading Record. The School code is: bacu
IDL (children who use IDL have a login and password)
BBC Bitesize daily lessons
The National Academy - fun and educational activities for each day of half-term
David Walliams reading one of his stories. New one everyday at 11am
Support across all areas of the curriculum
Maths resources and games
Hit the button - a range of games to practise mathematical skills https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
BBC Bitesize has revision and learning activities for all areas of the curriculum https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
Kids Classroom Secrets - Free home learning website for children to use independently https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/
BBC School Radio Learning Resources: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p007g5y4
Classroom Secrets Free Home learning Packs for each age group https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
Oxford Owl - choose the Oxford Owl from home link to access free e-books for 3 - 11 year olds https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Pobble 365 - changes daily to provide a picture that promotes discussion and story writing inspiration http://www.pobble365.com/
The Literacy Shed - provides videos which can be a stimulus for writing https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
IOP (Institute of Physics) - a range of science experiments which can be carried out at home https://spark.iop.org/collections/marvin-and-milo
Reach out Reporter - a range of interesting scientific news articles for children to read https://www.reachoutreporter.com/
National Geographic Kids - an interesting website for children to explore