Welcome to Class 3M's webpage for 2021-2022!
Some things you need to know about our class:
- The Year 3 classroom doors open at 8:50am and school starts at 9.00am. Please be on time!
- School finishes at 3.15pm. Please pick up your child from the classroom door.
- PE is on Thursdays when children need to come to school in their PE kit, sweatshirt and school shoes. Remember to bring pumps in a bag to change into. Leggings and tracksuit bottoms can be worn instead of shorts.
- Homework (Maths and Spellings) are sent home on Friday to be returned by the following Friday.
- Spelling tests are on Fridays.
- Children are expected to read at home every day, and reading books are changed regularly.
A few requests:
- Please ensure that your child goes to the toilet before leaving home. Going to the toilet during lessons disrupts learning.
- Please arrive on time - learning starts with Maths catch-up practice at 8.50am. Regularly arriving late harms your child's learning.
- Please label all clothing - it's very difficult to locate your child's jumper when we have 30 in lost property with no names on!
I'm usually on the door for a quick word, or you can get in touch via the school office if you have any questions or concerns.
Our Christmas Song
Year Three is singing a song about the Three Wise Men for our school Christmas Service on 8th December. Please get practising! You can find the song here:
What are we learning?
Here's what we're learning this term:
Spelling sheets are given out on Fridays and will be listed here to learn each week. The spelling test will take place on the following Friday.
This week's spellings:
Mr Morris's Reading Group:
Pupils from Year 3 represented Holy Trinity at the Rossendale Fun Football Skills Festival at the Valley Leadership Academy. They did themselves proud and came away with a certificate each and lots of stickers for demonstrating great sporting qualities. Well done!
Should remote learning be required, it will take place on Google Classroom (not Zoom)
- Please log in at classroom.google.com
- Login details and passwords are in the front of your child's reading record.
- The username is in this format: 18(firstname)(initial of surname)@stacksteads.lancs.sch.uk
- For example if your child is named John Smith, the username is firstname.lastname@example.org
Times Table Rock Stars Login:
https://play.ttrockstars.com/ School name: Bacup Holy Trinity
Bug Club Login:
www.activelearnprimary.co.uk School code: bacu
Login details for TTRS and Bug Club are in your Reading Record.
Please see the document below for a glossary of terms for grammar. Please scroll through to find the Year 3 terms!
Online times tables competition (Your child has a login and password in their Reading Record)
Reading resources including ebooks
www.activelearnprimary.co.uk (Bug Club). Your child has a login and password in their Reading Record. The School code is: bacu
IDL (children who use IDL have a login and password)
BBC Bitesize daily lessons
The National Academy - fun and educational activities for each day of half-term
David Walliams reading one of his stories. New one everyday at 11am
Support across all areas of the curriculum
Maths resources and games
Hit the button - a range of games to practise mathematical skills https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
BBC Bitesize has revision and learning activities for all areas of the curriculum https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
Kids Classroom Secrets - Free home learning website for children to use independently https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/
BBC School Radio Learning Resources: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p007g5y4
Classroom Secrets Free Home learning Packs for each age group https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
Oxford Owl - choose the Oxford Owl from home link to access free e-books for 3 - 11 year olds https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Pobble 365 - changes daily to provide a picture that promotes discussion and story writing inspiration http://www.pobble365.com/
The Literacy Shed - provides videos which can be a stimulus for writing https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
IOP (Institute of Physics) - a range of science experiments which can be carried out at home https://spark.iop.org/collections/marvin-and-milo
Reach out Reporter - a range of interesting scientific news articles for children to read https://www.reachoutreporter.com/
National Geographic Kids - an interesting website for children to explore