Friday 18th September
Apologies - due to ongoing staff illness there will be no Zoom sessions or Google Classrooms work today for 3M.
Please complete the work below instead.
If you would like further guidance, please join Mrs Baron's Zoom sessions at the beginning of lesson times. Use this ID for Mrs Baron:
Meeting ID: 721 060 2067
The password is the same as Mr Morris' Zoom sessions - notified to you by email.
Any problems - please email email@example.com
Have a look at the worksheet below and see how many you can do. The answers are below the worksheet.
Please have a go at the spelling test below - which one of the three words is spelt correctly? The answers are below the document. No peeking!
Topic - History
Read the BBC Bitesize page below and watch the short film. Then find an adult that hasn't watched the film and tell them three things you've learnt about what happened in the Stone Age.
Well done to those of you who have been on Bug Club!
Please read another book and remember to click on the Bugs to answer the questions. Your login details are in your reading record. You can log on at https://www.activelearnprimary.co.uk/.
Remote learning until Friday 25th September
Following the closure of the Year 3 bubble, we will be delivering teaching remotely. These are the things you need to know:
- All children are required to attend every session and complete work set
- Lessons will be delivered using Zoom (see below)
- Work will be set on Google Classroom (see below)
- Your child will need to be logged into Zoom AND Google Classroom
- They will need a pencil and piece of paper for each session for any working out to be done
- Any changes will be notified on the School Jotter app (please download and follow Year 3)
- You can get in touch with me by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
9.30am - Numeracy
11.00am - Literacy
1.00pm - Topic
2.15pm - Reading
Login details and passwords for the Zoom sessions will be sent out to parents by email, and are the same for every session.
Please arrive promptly.
If we do not have a current email address for you, please send an email to email@example.com with your child's name as the subject.
- For each session, log in at classroom.google.com
- Login details and passwords are in the front of your child's reading record.
- The username will be in this format: 17(firstname)(initial of surname)@stacksteads.lancs.sch.uk
- For example if your child is named John Smith, the username will be firstname.lastname@example.org
- The children have all logged into their account in school, so should hopefully be able to do it at home.
Email me: email@example.com and I will reply as soon as I can.
Spelling sheets will be given out on Friday to be returned the following Friday when there will be a short test. Spellings for this week are below.
Hello everyone, and welcome to a new school year! A few things in school will be a bit different this year, but we will be doing everything we can to ensure that our children are safe, happy and make fantastic progress in their learning. Please make sure that you read all the messages on the app and on the Holy Trinity home page - click here.
Some things you need to know about our class:
- For the Year 3 bubble, school starts at 8.55am and children will be welcomed directly into the Year 3 classrooms one-by-one by a member of staff. Please queue in the playground where indicated, socially-distanced from other parents and children. Please be on time and patient as there may be a short delay as we try to be as safe as possible.
- School finishes for us at 3.15pm. Please pick up your child from the classroom door, waiting socially-distanced as indicated on the playground.
- Remember the one-way system - enter the school premises via the front path and leave through the car park.
- PE is on Wednesdays (starting 9th September). So on Wednesdays children will need to come to school in their PE kit, sweatshirt and school shoes. Remember to bring pumps in a bag to change into. Leggings and tracksuit bottoms can be worn instead of shorts.
- Homework (maths and spellings) will be sent home on Friday to be returned by the following Friday.
- Spelling tests will be on Fridays.
- Children are expected to read at home every day if possible, and reading books will be changed on Mondays and Thursdays.
I'm really looking forward to us all getting to know each other, and having an exciting time learning together!
I'll be on the door most mornings and afternoons or you can get in touch via the school office if you have any questions and concerns.
21st September: Words with a long /ai/ sound spelt with 'ai'
straight, campaign, contain, brain, faint, waist, claim, praise, complaint, afraid
What will we be learning?
In Maths this term we will be doing some extra catch-up lessons on arithmetic, and learning how to do calculations involving money.
In Literacy we'll be starting with some work on using commas, and writing complex sentences with main and subordinate clauses, using fables, non-chronological reports and fairy tales. We'll also be doing some catch-up writing, reading and phonics lessons.
We'll be finding out all about changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age in History, exploring new techniques for drawing and painting in Art, learning to use a compass and grid references in Geography, finding out more about Christianity in RE and having some fun with instruments in Music. Wow, what a lot of exciting things to learn!
In Computing we will become pollsters and programmers, and learn how to use Google CLassroom. In Science we'll be learning all about health and nutrition, forces, and movement in animals.
Most exciting of all, we'll be starting to learn Spanish! We will find out how to say numbers from 1-10 and how to greet other people.
In PHSE we'll start off finding out about the effects and risks of smoking tobacco, and in PE we'll be learning different strategies and techniques for using in team games.
Please see the document below for a glossary of terms for grammar. Please scroll through to find the Year 3 terms!
Online times tables competition (Your child has a login and password in their Reading Record)
Reading resources including ebooks
www.activelearnprimary.co.uk (Bug Club). Your child has a login and password in their Reading Record. The School code is: bacu
IDL (children who use IDL have a login and password)
BBC Bitesize daily lessons
The National Academy - fun and educational activities for each day of half-term
David Walliams reading one of his stories. New one everyday at 11am
Support across all areas of the curriculum
Maths resources and games
Hit the button - a range of games to practise mathematical skills https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
BBC Bitesize has revision and learning activities for all areas of the curriculum https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
Kids Classroom Secrets - Free home learning website for children to use independently https://kids.classroomsecrets.co.uk/
BBC School Radio Learning Resources: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p007g5y4
Classroom Secrets Free Home learning Packs for each age group https://classroomsecrets.co.uk/free-home-learning-packs/
Oxford Owl - choose the Oxford Owl from home link to access free e-books for 3 - 11 year olds https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Pobble 365 - changes daily to provide a picture that promotes discussion and story writing inspiration http://www.pobble365.com/
The Literacy Shed - provides videos which can be a stimulus for writing https://www.literacyshed.com/home.html
IOP (Institute of Physics) - a range of science experiments which can be carried out at home https://spark.iop.org/collections/marvin-and-milo
Reach out Reporter - a range of interesting scientific news articles for children to read https://www.reachoutreporter.com/
National Geographic Kids - an interesting website for children to explore