Welcome to 5M!
Things to remember
- PE is on Monday. Make sure you have your PE kit in school!
- Swimming is on Thursday. Don't forget your swimming kit!
- Homework out on Friday to be returned the next Friday. Spelling test is also on Friday.
- Try and read at home every night and make a note in your Reading Record.
- Remember that you can access Bug Club at home: www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Get rockin' your times tables with TT Rockstars at www.play.ttrockstars.com
What are we learning?
In Maths we are using lots of brain power adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing fractions. We're doing lots of practice turning improper fractions into mixed numbers and the other way round, to help in our calculations.
In Literacy we are learning how to write formal reports, making sure we include a variety of sentence starters and some good punctuation.
In Topic this term we are learning all about the Anglo-Saxons and the Vikings. We've even got an Anglo-Saxon man coming in to class to tell us what his life is like!
In Science we are learning about Forces, and finding out what apples and the Leaning Tower of Pisa have got to do with gravity.
In PSHE we'll be thinking about taking risks and how to keep safe. We'll learn what to do when things go wrong.
We are reading 'Born to Run' by Michael Morpurgo for our class novel. What will happen to Best Mate?
Wow - what a lot of exciting things we are learning!
If you want to do extra research on the things we're learning in class, this website is a good place to start: www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk
Please get in touch with me via the school office if you have any questions.