Welcome to 5M!
I hope everyone has had a great summer holiday and you are all looking forward to the exciting things we're going to learn this year.
Dates for your diary
Our class Open Afternoon is on Tuesday 10th September at 2pm.
Harvest Festival is on Wednesday 25th September.
Things to remember
- PE is on Monday. Make sure you have your PE kit in school!
- Swimming is on Thursday. Don't forget your swimming kit!
- Homework goes out on Friday to be returned the next Friday.
- Try and read at home every night and make a note in your Reading Record.
- Remember that you can access Bug Club at home: www.activelearnprimary.co.uk
- Get rockin' your times tables with TT Rockstars at www.play.ttrockstars.com
What will we be learning?
In Maths we are starting with Area and Perimeter and then moving onto Symmetry and Tessellation.
Literacy this term will focus on Legends. We will start off learning about relative clauses and where to put commas. We'll be studying the features of a Legend and using our wonderful literacy skills to write our own.
Our first Topic this year is Religious Education and we will be exploring the meaning of religious stories told in Hinduism.
After this we will be doing some rockin' music lessons using Bon Jovi's Livin' on a Prayer.
In Science we'll be zooming off into outer space to find out all about our solar system. We'll discover how far apart things are by making ourselves into planets!
In PSHE we'll be thinking about physical health and wellbeing and discussing who makes a good role model for us.
Wow - what a lot of exciting things we have to learn!
If you want to do extra research on the things we're learning in class, this website is a good place to start: www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk
Please get in touch with me via the school office if you have any questions.