Remote learning from Wednesday 16th September until Friday 25th September
Following the closure of the Year 3 bubble, we will be delivering teaching remotely. These are the things you need to know:
- All children are required to attend every session and complete work set
- Lessons will be delivered using Zoom (see below)
- Work will be set on Google Classroom (see below)
- Your child will need to be logged into Zoom initially AND Google Classroom for sessions later in the week.
- They will need a pencil and piece of paper for each session for any working out to be done
- Any changes will be notified on the School Jotter app (please download and follow Year 3)
- You can get in touch with me by emailing email@example.com - if there are teething problems or technical trouble, please don't worry! Get in touch with me.
9.30am - Numeracy
11.00am - Literacy
1.00pm - Topic
2.15pm - Reading
Login details and passwords for the Zoom sessions will be sent out to parents by email, and are the same for every session.
Please arrive promptly.
If we do not have a current email address for you, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your child's name as the subject.
- For each session, log in at classroom.google.com
- Login details and passwords are in the front of your child's reading record.
- The username will be in this format: 17(firstname)(initial of surname)@stacksteads.lancs.sch.uk
- For example if your child is named John Smith, the username will be email@example.com
- The children have all logged into their account in school, so should hopefully be able to do it at home.
Welcome to Mrs Baron's Year 3 class page.
SPELLINGS WILL BE GIVEN OUT ON MONDAY - THERE WILL BE A SHORT TEST EACH FRIDAY. PLEASE RETURN SPELLING SHEETS EACH FRIDAY.
It's the first half term of a brand new school year. I have lots of activities for you to try and I can't wait to see you all. I've included some details to help you get used to being in Year 3 and being in Key Stage 2!
PE is on Wednesdays starting from 9th September so please come to school in your PE kit each Wednesday.
Please leave any bags in the Year 3 cloakroom and bring only your reading book and reading diary into the classroom.
Reading books will be changed on Mondays and Thursdays.
I have planned some fun activities for your return to school - no long division this week!
For the rest of the term we will be learning about FABLES and REPORTS in Literacy, money in NUMERACY and in history we will be looking way back to the STONE AGE. Science will explore ANIMALS INCLUDING HUMANS and PLANTS. In MUSIC we will appraise songs and play glockenspiels. Computing will teach us how to stay safe online and we will be using MAPS AND MAP SYMBOLS as part of our Geography learning.
I look forward to seeing you all on Tuesday 1st September. (Mr Morris' class do not return until Wednesday).
Mrs Baron :-)
Maths Friday 18th September 2020 18.9.20
Maths Thursday 17th September 2020
Maths Answers 17.9.20
Science 16th September 2020
Check your answers here.
SPELLINGS 14TH SEPTEMBER
TIMES TABLES ROCKSTARS - use your login details to play at home and increase your rock star status! (Details stuck in the front of your reading diary.)
Click here to play:
Here is a handy glossary of terms to help support homework. (Please scroll down to find the year 3 specific terms )